Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday Seven

1)  I just finished making my own laundry soap.  I've been meaning to do this for about.....umm.....probably a couple of years.  Yep, procrastination is my middle name.  It seriously took me all of 20 minutes. Super easy.  It made about 2 1/2 gallons.  That will go a long way when I'm only supposed to use 1/4 cup per load!  I have to let it sit for 24 hours so I'll let you know next week how I like it.

2)  Jacob is now in a toddler bed.  We really had no choice, trust me.  It was either put the toddler rail on his crib or end up with a broken arm or other body part.  We would hear a loud thump followed by the sound of his diaper swishing as he came running down the hall.  The biggest challenge has been his lack of sleep!  The first peep of the eye and he's up and running.  I'm hoping once the newness of it all wears off, he'll not be quite as excited about getting up.

3)  To prove he's not getting the sleep he's used too......


He fell asleep eating lunch while I was writing this post.  He didn't even care about the peanut butter and honey all over his face!  Not that he normally does.

4)  Today is officially the first day of spring!  Yay!  I'm so ready for warm weather and sunshine.  The kids love playing outside so much better when it's warm!  And trust me, the boys need to get out all of that energy.  There are little holes all over the backyard where they've been digging with their shovels.  The poor swing set has taken a beating since Luke got a tool set with a hammer in it! 

5)  Speaking of back yards, Austin has decided we are going to raise chickens.  Last week he built a door in our fence that will open up into the coop. (Or whatever it is you call the place chickens lay their eggs)  I think the plan is to get about ten eggs and hatch them out.  The kids are super excited about it.  I love the idea of having my own eggs, although I'll have to get used to the fact you actually have to go get the eggs from the chickens and not the store.  Big difference. 

6)  Austin was talking to someone the other day and telling them about the chickens we're hoping to get.  The question was asked if we could have chickens because we live in a subdivision.   Austin's reply was "I own the subdivision.  I can do whatever I want with it!"  'Nuff said.  Definitely a perk for us, huh?

7)  If you didn't already know, we do in fact own a subdivision.  We bought and developed the land about two years ago and he is finishing up his fifth house now.  I am so proud of him!  He has amazed me with his determination.  He can do whatever he puts his mind to.    Not to mention, he recently got promoted to manager at his job!  His big thing now is, whenever I have a problem and he helps me out, he'll wink at me and say "I'm a manager, baby."  He's such a nut!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment