Saturday, January 10, 2009

Drum Roll Please..........

Ta-Da! My first post on my new blog! Welcome to our little corner of the world. I am Jennifer, married to Austin, and we have three adorable kids: Luke (01-05), Chloe (06-06), and Jacob (04-08). Life is pretty crazy around here these days, but we are loving every minute of it.....okay, most of the time. :)

Six months ago, I didn't even know what a blog was. The term "blog" still sounds funny to me. One day, while doing some internet searching, I stumbled upon a blog about living frugally and now I'm hooked! I have been challenged, encouraged, and inspired through the few blogs I read.

O
ne night, through a few links from one site to the next, I clicked on a blog title that sounded good: Divine Calling. I found out our children were very close in age and we shared the same heart for our families. I was surprised to see we both lived in Georgia, so I decided to drop her a short email. Long story short, we live about 20 minutes from each other and get together often. I consider her one of my dearest friends. God used her blog to answer my prayer for a like-minded friend whose passion was God and family. Isn't God good?!

When Austin suggested I start a blog, I initially laughed it off. "I'm not a writer. I'm terrible at punctuation. What would I write about? No one wants to hear what I have to say." (I think he wants me to jump on my soapbox here rather than when he's trying to go to sleep.) But the more I thought about it, the more the idea intrigued me. I started playing around on Blogger and well- here I am!

Let me be the first to say, we are a normal family with normal struggles. I am a nothing more than a rotten sinner who has been miraculously saved by the marvelous grace of God. He has placed in me the desire to serve Him in all I do. I fall short daily and have to die to self daily, sometimes minute by minute. Sometimes I don't do so well at dying to self-other times, I don't die at all. I am continuously seeking His help and His grace.

Through this blog I hope to share a little about our personal lives, as well as make you smile, encourage you, and challenge you (In a good way!). It is my prayer that at least one life will be helped by something I might have to share. Until next time, here are a few family pictures for you to enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by!


Our little munchkins in their pj's while mommy tries to get pics for the Christmas card.

Jacob stuck under the couch!

Daddy, Luke, and Chloe eating popcorn on our first movie night

"I'd Rather be an Old Time Christian"

5 comments:

  1. HI!!!!! :) I've had your blog subscription in my reader, just WAITING for your first post to pop up, and.... it finally did! :) I can't wait to read more... and we have GOT to get together soon! Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennifer!! Your blog looks great! I love the pictures of the kids! You guys look a lot like us! (It does not take much for us to have fun as long as we are together!)
    I found a picture of you the other day when you were like in 5th grade!! Where has time gone? Anyway, thanks for sharing!!!
    Take care!!
    Love,
    Wes, Meredith, Ellie, Gus, and Emma :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! You finally did it! I'm so happy and thrilled! Cute blog background by the way. Anyway, can't wait to read more from the Harmon home. Love you, sis!

    Keisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen - this is awesome. Good for you! And let me say, as a writer and an editor, I think your writing and punctuation are just fine! :)

    Thanks for sharing this. I will try to figure out how to subscribe so I can keep up. I miss you guys a lot!

    Love ya, Hope

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Job on the Blog Page!!! I clicked on your other follower and found the "Misha Page". I just made a donation, what a wonderful loving family!!!

    ReplyDelete