Monday, March 4, 2013

Memorization Tools



If you follow Ann Voskamp's blog, A Holy Experience, you might know about her Romans Project.  She is memorizing Romans 1,8, ad 12 this year.  That sounds very daunting but at just two verses per week it's really do-able.  Of course I am behind......but hey, at least I'm still in the game.  :)

One tool that has really made a difference for me is Scripture Typer.  It's an online source to help you memorize scripture.  You choose your verses and your Bible version and then type away! 

There is a tab to "Type It" where the verse is displayed in its entirety and you copy the words.  "Memorize It" removes every other word, leaving you to fill it in from memory.  It keeps track of your words typed per minute and will tell you when you are ready to "Master It".  To master the verse, you type it entirely from memory and have to be quick about it. :)

You also have to get all capitalization and punctuation correct.  Punctuation and I do not get along.  I know very little about it, as you have observed if you've read any of my posts at all. So that's a biggie for me. Also, at any level, if you make a mistake, the color of the words changes to red to alert you to correct your words.

I have had a blast with this!  It's been extremely helpful to me and I highly recommend it.  It's not too late if you want to jump in and start the Romans Project too!  There's nothing more powerful than to have the Words of God in your heart and mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment