Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My 2013 Book List



The new year has inspired me to set some new goals for myself.  I am notorious for starting a book and not finishing it; so my goal is to not only start these books but to actually finish them!  Some of these books have been collecting dust on my bookshelf but most of them I will try to get from the library or Amazon.  Here is my 2013 booklist, in no particular order:

Created to Be His Help Meet: Discover How God Can Make Your Marriage Glorious by Debi Pearl  (I have already read this book, but I need to read it every year! I can't recommend this enough!)

What is a Family? by Edith Schaefer

The Mission of Motherhood: Touching Your Child's Heart for Eternity by Sally Clarkson

A Mother's Heart: A Look at Values, Vision, and Character for the Christian Mother  by Jean Fleming

Shaping of a Christian Family, The: How My Parents Nurtured My Faith by Elisabeth Elliott

Large Family Logistics by Kim Brenneman

Laying Down the Rails (Simply Charlotte Mason Presents) by Sonya Schaefer

Seeking Him: Experiencing the Joy of Personal Revival by Nanci Leigh DeMoss

Unglued: Making Wise Choices in the Midst of Raw Emotions by Lysa TerKeurst

Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper

Unstoppable: The Incredible Power of Faith in Action by Nick Vujicic

Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy by Eric Metaxas

Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis

The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis

All of Grace by Charles Spurgeon

Organized Simplicity: The Clutter-Free Approach to Intentional Living by Tsh Oxenreider

Educating the WholeHearted Child by Clay and Sally Clarkson

Grace-Based Parenting by Tim Kimmel

Teach Them Diligently: How to Use the Scriptures in Child Training by Lou Priolo

Raising Real Men: Surviving, Teaching and Appreciating Boys by Melanie Young

Graceful: Letting Go of Your Try-Hard Life by Emily Freeman

You Can Raise a Well-Mannered Child by June Hines Moore

There are 22 books listed so if I read two a month I should accomplish my goal!  I'm sure I'll come across new books I want to read so hopefully I can add more to this list.  I will try to post my thoughts on the book when I am finished reading it. I think I will start a Pinterest board and pin each book as I finish it.  Maybe that will help keep me motivated!  :)


1 comment:

  1. Awesome list, girl! I need to get me a book list together... maybe it will help me actually get more reading in this year. Several of your books are books I've wanted to pick up for a while, so .... I might just copy you a bit ;)

    ReplyDelete